When planning for your newborn session, here are a few things to be aware of:
- Timing: To get the best images, book your session within the first 2-3 weeks of their life, while they are still very sleepy and malleable, allowing for more posing options.
- Props: Consider what kind of props you would like to use in the photos. Popular choices include blankets, baskets, and wraps.
- Outfits: It’s best to bring baby clothes that are plain, simple or and not loud prints. it’s best to choose clothes that do not have logos or designs on it, as these can be distracting in the photos. We want the focal point to be baby!
- Location: The photo session can be done in a studio or in the comfort of your home, where there’s more warmth and light. I personally love in home newborn sessions as its more personalized to the family.
- Photographer: It’s important to choose a photographer who has experience with newborn photography and can work with the baby safely. Ask for references and look at their portfolio to get a sense of their style and approach.
- Preparation: Make sure the baby is fed and well-rested before the photo session. It’s also important to keep the room warm, as newborns should be kept in a comfortable environment with a temperature between 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Be flexible: Newborns are unpredictable and can get fussy during the session, so it’s important to be flexible and not get too attached to a specific shot or pose.