Choosing a wedding photographer is an important decision, as they will be responsible for capturing the memories of one of the most important days of your life! Here are 6 things to think about when choosing a wedding photographer:
- Editing style: Scroll through the photographer’s portfolio and website to see if their style aligns your vision for your wedding. Do you like the way they capture candid moments? Do they have a photojournalistic approach, or do they specialize in posed shots? It’s important to choose a photographer whose style aligns with your vision for your wedding photos.
- Experience: It’s important to choose a photographer who has experience photographing weddings. They should know how to anticipate and capture important moments and be able to handle any unexpected challenges that may arise.
- Personality: You’ll be spending a lot of time with your photographer on your wedding day, so it’s important that you feel comfortable with them. Schedule a meeting with potential photographers to see if their personality meshes well with yours.
- Price: Photography packages can vary in price, so it’s important to establish a budget and find a photographer who aligns within your budget. Keep in mind that while a lower price may seem attractive, it may mean that the photographer is less experienced or that the package includes fewer services. Ask questions of what you’ll get in each package if it’s not explained or written out.
- Reviews: Look for reviews from previous clients and see what they say about their experience. Look on multiple sites, for instance Facebook, Instagram, google, etc. typically the reviews you’ll see on their website are good reviews.
- Contract and insurance: It’s important to read all of your vendors contract carefully to make sure you understand exactly what you are paying for, editing turnaround time and if they have insurance in case something happen to the photographer or the equipment.